Graphics glitch
#1 12-03-2023 
  • Registered
Hi I seem to be having the windows graphics glitch however I went into the file to add devices id and the device is already there. However under the config log it says not found in database but confused.
Any ideas
Zaxh

#2 13-03-2023 
At the bottom of the page it says:
Quote:Before you post requesting help
Information we need

The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
Your operating System.
What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Please do so. So we can help you better. Thank you.

#3 13-03-2023 
  • Registered
hi sorry i wasnt on with details. the issue im having is the screen flicker when moving around. a bit hard to get a screen grab as it is momentary but very annoying.
im now trying on another pc and still having issue editing the file it doesnt seem to solve the problem so not sure what im doing wrong.
i have attachted the log. im using windows 11.
thanks
zach
.txt  LAPTOP-C6E1U89K-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 61)

#4 14-03-2023 
Thanks for adding the info.

First off, I see you need to do the 4Gb patch. I use "George." But there are others...
And do you have a dedicated graphics card? Cuz your game is using the basic Intel® UHD Graphics.
Either way - you should use the GraphicsRulesMaker (GRM) to add your card to the list.
Here is a handy guide to help you customize your game: Starter Pack Guide

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! Cool

#5 15-03-2023 
  • Registered
Thankyou so much for your help I've only done the graphics rule maker and it seems to have solved the problem no glitching and is happily running in 1080.

Thanks
Zach

#6 15-03-2023 
  • Registered
What does the 4gb patch actually do as game seems to be playing perfectly. I tried the link it says unavailable. Is it worth having. Thanks

#7 16-03-2023 
@HA05GER It makes sure that your game will have 4GB of RAM memory at its disposal (provided that much RAM or more is built into your PC). If you don't have this patch, the game will normally use only 1 or 2 GB at best, and that WILL, after a short time, impact performance in a bad way until the game just crashes.

#8 16-03-2023 
  • Registered
Hi thanks for the reply.
Like I say the link didn't seem to work.
The game is running well I've played for several hours with absolutely no issue. My laptop has 16gb of ram so definitely room to do it. Have you got a working link I could try .
Thanks

Zach

#9 16-03-2023 
@HA05GER: Odd, I've never before heard of TS2 running that well without the 4GB Patch.

As for a link to 'George', that's a bit messy. I've looked for it several times in the past. Every time I find a link, it's one I've never seen before, but the patch works, so I save the link. Then when I need it again later and go back to that link, the patch either isn't there, or it no longer works. So I need to find another one again... And it seems that the same is true for links to 'George' that other people post here.

I hope that this dropbox download link works...

If it does, you need to disable the Windows file protection, and then overwrite the original Sims2EP9.exe with the file in this rar archive. If you don't (or can't) disable the file protection, Windows will think that a virus has invaded your executable, and it'll undo your overwrite by putting the original back in place.

If the link does NOT work, though, then I have no idea how else to help you...

#10 17-03-2023 
  • Registered
Ok perfect
Thankyou very much for your help really appreciated.
Thanks
Zach

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option