Ultimate collection freeze
#1 20-03-2023 
  • Registered
Hi.
So, I have a big problem and after many and many trying i'm not sure I will be able to fix it. :/ I'm using story progression and sims 3 to 2 trait mods and everything was fine but the last few month the the game started freezing. First, it was just 2-4 minutes and everything went back to normal, but know the game just stop and never "wake up" again, I have to use program manager to exit it. I own every recomended mod for the game running better, - sims 2 rpc mod, graphicsrules maker, 4gb pack- but my problem is still not fixed.

I hope somebody can help, I posted about it many forums and facebook groups, but nobody was able to help me.

#2 20-03-2023 
@FishDictator:3, "Sims Modding Help" was the wrong area for you to post this question, so I've moved it. Please update your question with the details mentioned at the bottom of this page, so we can actually help you.

My first suggestion, though, would be to try playing without that story progression and those sims 3-2 trait mods, and see if that fixes anything. If so, then there is where you should try finding a fix.

#3 20-03-2023 
Yes. ^ ...exactly what BO said.
Quote:Before you post requesting help
Information we need
The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
Your operating System.
What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

And - the first thing I would suggest is starting a new, clean, unmodded game.
To do that: Rename your 'saved game' folder to EA Games-Everything - or something along those lines
and start the game from the desktop shortcut (the original exe, not the rpc-one)
then report back with how that works

Good luck! Smile

#4 20-03-2023 
Try removing the two things that do cause lag/freezing. Story Progression and traits, along with the mods that auto assign traits. The new ROS also causes some lag for some users.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option