sims2 #1
This is an advanced hybrid, combining features from Monique's Individual Aging (sorry, no link available), AncientHighway's Individual Aging for Witches (based on Monique's mod) and my own BO - Slow Aging.

A Warning in advance:
When installing this mod, I advise you to remove any version of Individual Aging or Slow Aging you already have, as well as AncientHighway's NPC Aging.

Failing to remove the aforementioned files will cause big trouble, and I will not be able to fix it. So please take no risks: get rid of those files!

Also, this mod conflicts with Inteen. Don't worry about it! If you make sure this file loads AFTER Inteen, all will be fine. Only pregnant sims may get to live an extra day or so.

Now let's talk features!
I use a different technique than Monique did. Monique didn't prevent aging at 6 PM, but gave back a day to each sim every day at 5 PM. I actually *do* prevent aging at 6 PM, thereby saving the game engine some work, in stead of giving it some extra.

There's a BCON named "Aging Configuration", which you can alter as you wish. This BCON contains aging information for normal sims (all ages), Werewolves (teen, adult, elder), Plantsims (toddler, adult, elder) and Witches (teen, adult, elder). Servos, Vampires and Zombies are not changed, because they don't age anyway.
Young Adults don't age normally, so this mod does NOT affect them.
There are no settings for babies and pets: they always age normally.

Each line contains a number 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.
  • 0 = Age normally.
  • 1 = Age only on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (three times a week)
  • 2 = Age only on Thursday and Sunday (twice a week)
  • 3 = Age only on Sunday (once a week)
  • 4 = Do not age at all (aging OFF)

This info is also found in the BCON as a reminder.

So, by default, the BCON is set to make:
  • normal sims and all teens age normally
  • adult and elder werewolves age three times a week
  • adult and elder plantsim age twice a week
  • adult and elder witches age once a week.

But you can change those settings as you wish.
Now there's nothing more one needs to do; your sims will age up slower according to their 'type'. If a sim is both a Werewolf and a Witch, for example, the system will use the slowest of the two aging rates for your sim. With the above default settings, that would mean that this sim ages only on Sunday and thus lives 7 times as long as a normal mortal.

But there's more... In-game, you can override the Default settings of the BCON for each sim individually!

(click the images to enlarge)

The 'default' menu option means that the sim will use the BCON settings for its aging. The option that's currently active, will be greyed out.

The aging menu is NOT available for Young Adults, Pets, Visitors, Employees, NPCs, Servos, Vampires or Zombies. Only human household members' aging can be changed. The menu DOES show up on Babies (that's a bug), but it doesn't function. A later version will do better.

There are TWO versions of this mod:
Version 1.01, the oldest, is designed to work with FreeTime or better game engine.
Version 1.02, the newer, is fixed to work with Pets or better game engine.
If you do not have at least the Pets EP, I recommend NOT using this mod. You can try v1.02 with OFB, but I guarantee nothing.

UPDATE, October 12th, 2011: only slightly edited the description.

UPDATE, June 8th, 2015: Version 1.01 released. I've finally fixed the menu, so the Aging options will not appear on babies anymore. Also cleaned up some typos in the description above...

UPDATE, Januari 18, 2020: @lordtyger9 pointed out a problem that -- in his game -- occurred only with children so far. The logs indicated that my previous claim that this mod was OFB-compatible, was false. It required at least FreeTime. In order to make it work with earlier packs (Pets, minimum), I had two choices: either add a test that requires the presence of Cyjon's Smarter EP Check, or make a second version for pre-FT players. I've chosen the latter. Just pick the correct version for your game.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Slow Aging Controller Screenshot BO - Slow Aging Controller Screenshot BO - Slow Aging Controller Screenshot BO - Slow Aging Controller Screenshot  
Download link
Filesize 1.94 KB | File Name BO - Slow Aging Controller v1.01.zip | # of Downloads 2,040
File Updated 08-06-2015

Filesize 1.92 KB | File Name BO - Slow Aging Controller v1.02.zip | # of Downloads 576  

Comments
#9 28-03-2013
  • Registered
In XP it would just copy over the entire folder if I copied the entire folder. It's the one habit I can't seem to break XD

#10 14-01-2014
I like the option to adjust aging individually. This makes sense. Some of my Sims have healthier lifestyles while others never exercise, never walk to community lots and/or cope with a lot of stress. Oh..and I stupidly had both this and the slow aging mod installed after resetting all my nieghborhoods. No problem ( I hope!) they have been reset again to like new and I have installed only this one. Will this be OK??

#11 14-01-2014
Yes Patty, if The Slow Aging Controller is now the only Aging mod you have, then everything should be absolutely fine. Smile

And thank you for the praise. I'm happy that you find some of my mods useful Big Grin

#12 13-02-2015
Ooops! I was using this WITH AH's NPC_Aging...
1) Do I need to reset my hoods *sigh* again?
2) Do you have a mod that allows NPC aging? (I looked, but didn't see one)
2b) Could you make a compatible mod for NPC's - please???

Thank YOU!!! Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option