BLOE revamp and other stuff
#1 26-03-2012 
As you know, we have several uploaders on leefish, some with their own section and themes. This is great for the uploaders, but makes things hard to find, so I made the BLOE to gather all the data into one area.

I have been looking at it for a while and have made some changes to it:

* The navigation was confuzzling and ugly - it is hopefully less so now.
* It was hard to tell what was selected so I have added some selected indicators. Yes they are small. No, I don't intend to make them bigger.
* I am adding a feature where you can select by uploader (that feature was always there but in a not-so-visible form). Right now it is hard-coded but I hope to improve on that.

The Big List Of Everything

I will be rolling this type of navigation out to the individual areas in the next week or so.

The INDEX subsidiary navigation was BROKEN on Internet Explorer. I have fixed it - now, if you use Internet explorer you will see a cut down version of the index.....
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#2 26-03-2012 
PS Temporary risk of asplosions while I am working on it Big Grin

#3 27-03-2012 
I actually have it working !! OMG.

Right now the names of uploaders is pulled dynamically from the database, but it is sorted in UID order.... so two of our biggest contributors are near the bottom of the list. It is a fun thing, but it is extremely heavy on the database, so I may well hardcode it and change it to alphabetical order.

* leefish changes name to 111leefish Big Grin

#4 27-03-2012 
I think it's incredible! And the biggest uploader is smack dab in the middle! A fair position! Tongue

#5 27-03-2012 
Blush I just worked out what BLOE was, only took about 15 mins. Blush

Quote:I may well hardcode it and change it to alphabetical order
I like alphabetical order much better than UID order (cause I don't know what UID order is) Huh

Quote:* leefish changes name to 111leefish
Bad girl!
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#6 27-03-2012 
Michelle;10799 Wrote:I like alphabetical order much better than UID order (cause I don't know what UID order is)

UID = user id.

Quote:
Quote:* leefish changes name to 111leefish
Bad girl!

Big Grin

#7 27-03-2012 
And it doesn't even use that UID as a numerical value, but as a STRING, meaning user 9 comes after user 8.765.432! Rofl

I'm not complaining though... because ANY way to order the list is an arbitrary decision... Who says what's fair? The less time it takes to sort the list, the better... it's not like we have millions of contributors anyway, so the list is very good the way it is!

#8 27-03-2012 
Well, it was amusing to make, but it is not really NECESSARY - it can work just as a hard coded value and less strain on the db.

Re the string - indeed, the *output* is as a string - but before the code is output to the page the DB query sorts on the value of the uid - which is an integer. Wink

Edit to add for Shell

What is an integer?

Tongue

#9 27-03-2012 
Well, I just like the options, and you did a great job there, Lee. No, it may not be necessary, but the same could be said for playing computer games. Yet here we are, linked together by a silly game like TS2 Rofl

#10 27-03-2012 
ok, I have added the dropdown list as hard-coded values - before, every time we had a new uploader it would dynamically find that user Big Grin

THAT was the unneccesary DB strain.

The list will still work as before.

Sorry, that is a members only option