Securom and Windows 10 Help
#11 23-05-2016 
As you said yourself, you'd need one for Mansion and Garden stuff. So if you go down to the bottom section "Related Games" and pick up the one mentioning Mansion and Garden stuff from there, you'd be good. I've been using it for years and never had a problem. Many others I know, have the same one.

#12 07-08-2016 
  • Registered
EDIT Leaving this here in case this issue comes up for anyone else in future, but I think I solved it and it was deceptively simple. Once I uninstalled the second time and completely removed the My Documents\EA Games path, the next reinstall worked. I realized that the issue was likely corrupt cache files. I am going to load in my backup of my game files, obviously without any cache files included. If everything loads from that point I think I'm ok and I can probably remove Securom and reapply the no CD crack once more, and delete my cache files one last time before launching the game. Those are my next steps and I will edit this post again with the results in case anyone else needs help!

EDIT 2 Seems like it was the cache files. I retraced all steps including removing Securom and applying the crack but then launched the game with the cache files removed, no issues!

--------

Hello all - very much hoping someone will be able to help me figure out my problem.

I just bought a brand new computer running Windows 10, and loaded in the Ultimate Collection, and also my game files from my old system. After tweaking the graphics settings etc, everything was running fine and all my Sims and stuff was there. But I noticed Buy/Build were super laggy, so I went hunting and found this tip to remove Securom and apply a no CD crack. I followed the directions down to the letter, including backing up the original .exe in the TSBin folder before applying the crack.

When I applied the crack and tried to launch the game (from the icon I'd just pasted directly into the TSBin folder) I got a blank error message. Just "The Sims 2" on the top, a white box, and a big red X. No option but to click OK and then nothing happened.

So I figured OK, this didn't work, and I pasted back the backup of the original icon. But the exact same blank error message popped up and game would not launch.

I did some research online for things to try - I removed my anti-virus program in case it was blocking it somehow, no luck. I tried repairing the game from Origin, still nothing. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and it still will not work. Since the last uninstall left the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection intact, I uninstalled again AND deleted that folder, and am now in the process of reinstalling again, and will replace the My Documents path from a backup after.

If this doesn't work I'm completely at a loss for what to do - it WAS working on my machine, now it will not. Very much hoping someone can help me figure out what to do. Sad

[Image: nocderror_zpsormqbdqd.jpg]
.txt  DESKTOP-BR868J9-config-log.txt (Size: 10.31 KB / Downloads: 569)
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 08:15 PM by kayleigh83.)

#13 27-08-2016 
  • Registered
Hi, I have the same problem and it's a pain every time I need something of buy/build mode, but I'm afraid of the possible consecuences of removing Securom for my other games.

I have TS2 Ultimate Collection, but I have also other original games (no cracked) like GTA V & IV, TS3, TS4, Just Cause, Life is Strange... and I guess how can affect the removal of Securom to that games, or the rest of my computer.

Anyone can tell me? Thanks.

#14 07-10-2016 
  • Registered
Just found this thread like PUM and it solved all my problems, Jesus, I know it's kinda late but thanks people, really!!!! Heart

#15 24-10-2016 
  • Registered
Hi! This thread was super helpful... until the problem didn't go away.
I updated my laptop a while ago and have only just tried to play my Sims 2 (I don't have the ultimate collection: my latest is Apartment Life) and lo and behold, it kept crashing. I uninstalled Securom and downloaded the No CD Crack for Apartment Life and it worked! It sucessfully loaded a household that I was unable to load without crashing previously. I left my laptop on for about 40 minutes and came back to it, tried to select another character and it crashed again. Now I'm having the exact same problems, I can't load that household anymore, and I've tried everything I can think of! I've uninstalled Securom every time I booted up the game, played in compatibility mode, played with both the disk in and out and went through my files more times than I can count.
Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm honestly stuck.

#16 29-10-2016 
  • Registered
I dont understand when i run the tool it just says could not create process

im running windows 7 home 64bit with the sims 2 UC please help me Sad

#17 01-05-2017 
  • Registered
I know this post was made about two years ago now, but I especially made an account on Leefish JUST so I could reply to you. THANK YOU, YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!
I have Windows 8.1 and I used to buy the Sims 2 on Origin, plus almost all its expansion packs. Sims 2 was able to run without any problems before and it was super smooth. Then I received the Ultimate Collection back in 2013-ish if I'm correct and ever since I've had these issues where the catalog in buy/build mode would load super slowly. Not only that, after an hour(as described by others before) whenever I'd switch characters, it would lag and load for a while before actually switching. Which would annoy the crap out of me. I had tried everything, uninstalling, reinstalling, running it in Windows XP version, in Windows Vista, pretty much all the previous Windows versions and NOTHING had helped. When I came across this post I was a bit iffy before trying it, because I dislike downloading and installing stuff from the Web ever since I got a nasty virus before. But I did exactly as you said and all the problems are FINALLY gone. Sims 2 is by far the most favorite Sim game of mine. I do have The Sims, TS3 and TS4 however I always go back to TS2. And because of you I can FINALLY enjoy it again. Thank you thank you thank youuuu !!! xoxo

And this was the only reason I made a Leefish account, to reply to this post <3

#18 29-07-2017 
  • Registered
I am late to the party, some smart people think this computer might have Securom, so I followed your links and stuff. I got no list but the removal tool said it revoved securom from this machine. Then i ran the trashreg, and no NULL keys were found...which makes me wonder.
This laptp has win 10, but we also have the store edition, which is already a no cd...and I cannot find a crack no cd for this one. What should I do?

#19 29-07-2017 
Rosie, I had the same issue with not finding the Null keys...but i used the crack no CD here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/54657/ my game has been working perfectly ever since. I got this link from the other thread that is attached to this conversation on the first comment, if you're interested in checking it out.

#20 06-10-2017 
  • Registered
Spikey_Kitty I downloaded the no cd file too and my game simply just won't open. I click on the application and nothing happens

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option