Flickering in Sims 2 Ultimate (Win 10)
#1 06-04-2016 
  • Registered
Hi, I recently just bought a new laptop, and I installed Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I could open the game, and everything seemed doing fine except the screen flickers. Before I installed my cc, I tried playing Goth family once in Pleasantview, and I've already the flickering even though the game ran fairly fast. When I tried to build a house in Academie le tour, Some grids on the floor (or grass fields) went disappearing, and when I built walls, some graphics disappeared for a second or so until I rotated the screen. I would like to know how I can fix this issue.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I just found out that I'm not allowed to alter smooth edges as well, and the water in the log rolling pit is grey. So it seems like I encounter all three problems (flickering, no smooth edges, water is grey).

Attached File(s)
.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 10.57 KB / Downloads: 4310)
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 06:49 PM by bluegie.)

#2 12-04-2016 
  • Registered
Would someone please help me? The game is still flickering and I don't really know what to do... Thanks a lot.

#3 12-04-2016 
@bluegie

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Graphic Rules - INTEL
Video Cards.sgr - INTEL - 0a16

Once you've installed those two cards, you will be able to push your smooth edges up to max, and the flickering will go.

Also make sure you are running the game as admin.

#4 12-04-2016 
  • Registered
Thanks a lot, Kiri!! No more flickering when I play the game!!

#5 12-04-2016 
@bluegie You're welcome.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option