Sims 2 won’t work
#1 20-04-2019 
  • Registered
Hi, i have a big problem with my sims 2 and I don’t know what to do anymore. My english is very bad and it’s a long story but I will try. So our laptop crashed a year ago and we had to buy a new windows 10. I was able to install the sims 2 but the expansions won’t. A few months ago I saw a video on youtube from someone who had the solution for the directX error with the expansions. I tried it and yes, i could play the sims 2. But my game wasn’t running great. The screen was flickering and it was bothering me for playing fine. I tried the grapjic rule maker (but i’m a dumbass with computers and laptops). When i tried to play there was again that stupis dirextX error. I let it go for a while because i was so angry and confused. Today I deleted everything from the sims2 and reinstalled the base game. It installed fine but it didn’t launched. I forgot to uninstall the previous game. So I put it back and uninstalled it for every expansion. It wouldn’t work for the base game so I just deleted everything from it. And yes I was finally be able to launch the base game. But instead of pleasant view and stuff, it show Three lakes1, Three lakes0 and just Three lakes. Wtf?! When i clicked on Three lakes1 (should be pleasant view) there is an error and the game shuts down. I really really don’t know what to do. Please help me

#2 20-04-2019 
@Kunder, there is a job for you here Smile

#3 20-04-2019 
@Dalatoniaa

Sent PM

Is this a laptop?
What video does your computer have?
What processor does it have?
How much RAM?

First, properly uninstall TS2

Second, Read this:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8788

The Sims 2 is a VERY old game, and isn't very compatible with Windows 10. Some people can get it running, depending on what hardware/Win10 version they have, most can't. As soon as your Win 10 does the next update, you may not be able to run it.

I have a Dell, 5559, running Windows 10, with "Iris" on-board HD520 graphics. Under Windows 8.1, it runs TS2 very well after fixing "Video Cards.sgr, and Graphics Rules Intel TEXTURES. However, I can't get it running on this machine with Windows 10, without "artifacts" problem, regardless WHAT I do.

Do *NOT* purchase a newer computer, especially a new, expensive gaming machine, and expect to play TS2 on it, you'll be *VERY* disappointed!! If you do, you'll have much better luck playing TS3.

You may not want to do this, but it *IS* the solution to your problem. It runs Win7, AND is a GREAT "Simming machine".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LENOVO-THINKPAD...6&LH_BIN=1

I recommend purchasing it.
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2019 03:40 PM by Kunder.)

#4 20-04-2019 
  • Registered
Yes it is a laptop, where do I find which video it is? I tried to uninstall it properly and now it will run normally. But this is only for the base game. If i will install the expansions, all the trouble will start again Sad

(20-04-2019 03:02 PM)Kunder Wrote:  
(20-04-2019 12:08 PM)Dalatonia Wrote:  
@Dalatoniaa

Sent PM

Is this a laptop?
What video does your computer have?
What processor does it have?
How much RAM?

First, properly uninstall TS2

Second, Read this:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8788

The Sims 2 is a VERY old game, and isn't very compatible with Windows 10. Some people can get it running, depending on what hardware/Win10 version they have, most can't. As soon as your Win 10 does the next update, you may not be able to run it.

I have a Dell, 5559, running Windows 10, with "Iris" on-board HD520 graphics. Under Windows 8.1, it runs TS2 very well after fixing "Video Cards.sgr, and Graphics Rules Intel TEXTURES. However, I can't get it running on this machine with Windows 10, without "artifacts" problem, regardless WHAT I do.

Do *NOT* purchase a newer computer, especially a new, expensive gaming machine, and expect to play TS2 on it, you'll be *VERY* disappointed!! If you do, you'll have much better luck playing TS3.

You may not want to do this, but it *IS* the solution to your problem. It runs Win7, AND is a GREAT "Simming machine".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LENOVO-THINKPAD...6&LH_BIN=1

I recommend purchasing it.

#5 21-04-2019 
@Dalatonia

Download what I sent you, uninstall the copy you have on your computer, but save your EA Games folder, and all it's contents on a flashdrive, install the version you download.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option