I've tried everything and can't get the game to work. Pink flashing textures/crashing
#21 31-08-2019 
My apologies to you. I thought we were past this by now. No more arguing. I offered a solution, and would still welcome it. If you have a REAL solution for this issue, please make a detailed "how to" to fix it.

I try and do this when I have a solution for something there's no solution for, and it probably won't be the last time I do so. Please JOIN me in figuring out issues others may be struggling with. I know I'm not the only person here with computer skills, and I'm sorry I lost my temper a bit. Perhaps we were BOTH not being very adult. I don't care. It's done. Let's move on.

I've offered an olive branch a couple of times. This apology, is the last one I'll offer. Take it, or leave it.

I will ask you to please be respectful to @BoilingOil, and the other moderators here. Their job is tough enough, and they're not even getting paid. We all get along here quite well. Considering the language barriers, and cultural barriers we have, we do pretty well. Bickering makes things just that much more difficult, in addition to our differences. Let's all be friends.

Have a GREAT day! (I mean that). Smile
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2019 08:59 PM by Kunder.)

#22 01-09-2019 
(31-08-2019 04:04 PM)JoshuaAshton Wrote:  @Kunder used language that was a lot more insulting and a lot more frequent in his posts -- however, I'll probably get banned because I'm an "outsider," meh.

The bit that I quoted, was from you FIRST message here, so @Kunder could not have been insulting towards YOU. Also, he has not used such rude words for reproductive parts. If you're banned, it will NOT be because you're an outsider, but because you repeatedly use language that is by our site rules NOT acceptable here.

Quote:I'm just here to tell you guys that you are wrong, and to stop being an ******** to a person who is only trying to help you.

I don't care why you are here. Whether you are trying to make any impression at all, or not, doesn't matter. An impression is made as soon as you post your first message! And now you use unacceptable terms once again! I have never called you any names, and you just pull another one towards me, a moderator, whose task it is to maintain proper conduct on the forum. I'm no longer warning now. Your days are done, as far as I'm concerned. With my most sincere apologies to everybody else for letting this get out of hand as far as it did.

#23 02-09-2019 
It is a shame that Josh was not able to get along with us here. I am interested in his attempts to fix a game we love so that it will run on modern systems. However, I am not impressed by his use of certain words to express his feelings about some of our members. I see that Josh has been banned from accessing the board. I will set Josh's access to moderated posting. What that means is, Josh can post but his post will not be visible until moderation. The moderation of the post will only be for appropriate language, nothing else.

#24 04-09-2019 
(02-09-2019 09:18 AM)leefish Wrote:  I see that Josh has been banned from accessing the board. I will set Josh's access to moderated posting. What that means is, Josh can post but his post will not be visible until moderation. The moderation of the post will only be for appropriate language, nothing else.

That is a ruling that I can get behind, @leefish. I did not want to presume that I could decide such things for you. I could only make sure that Josh could not continue to post the way he did so far. That is also why I left the report open for your review.

#25 04-09-2019 
@BoilingOil, @leefish. I concur.
This is also why I apologized. I didn't necessarily want him to leave, I just wanted him to "cool his jets" a bit. Hopefully, he comes back, and continues to post with a little better attitude. I was hoping to get along with him, but the "C" word here, is *HIGHLY* insulting. We don't use it here, unless we're getting ready to fight. I know in the UK, it's used a lot, but not here. I try to be very careful of what words I choose, as in each country, different things can be potentially insulting. Being I'm in Texas, where we're friendly, but have no "filter", I have to be extremely careful in word usage to my European, and NON- European friends, and I realize there are 44 different countries over there (Europe), with your own language, beliefs, and customs, as well as other non-European countries. VERY hard sometimes not to accidentally say something rude to someone, but I do try. Smile

One of these days, I'd love to come visit, and throw a good, old-fashioned Texas BBQ for whomever shows up. Big Grin

Everyone is welcome here in the Pond, but playing nice is mandatory.

One of the reasons I like it here, is because the atmosphere, is pleasant. Despite our cultural differences, we all like one another, and there is almost no drama. RARE for anyplace!

Love Y'all!Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019 04:34 PM by Kunder.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option