sims2 #1
I've always believed the AL Butler was a pedophile: constantly after your babies, toddlers and children... No more of that!

BO - ButlerIsNoNanny - stops the AL butler from meddling with your babies, toddlers and children. He will simply not report as a nanny, when entering the lot. If there is a butler currently on some of your lots while installing this mod, a lot reset will occur and the butler will start behaving oddly. If you send him home, he will act normal once he returns the next day. Requires AL, of course.

Update, April 12, 2011: After 16 months, I've finally updated the ButlerIsNoNanny mod! Installing this new version should NOT cause already existing Butlers to behave oddly anymore, UNLESS it is to replace the old version. If you don't have AL, this mod does nothing, of course, but it shouldn't break anything either! If you're happy using the old version, re-download is NOT required.

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Feeding, which stops Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously feeding babies and toddlers. Should work in all games. (Warning: ONE user ever reported this mod as causing a "too many iterations" error with active Servos. Please check!)

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Cooking, which prevents Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously cooking any meals! Should also work for all games.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - ButlerIsNoNanny Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 282 bytes | File Name BO - Butler Is No Nanny v2.zip | # of Downloads 3,286
File Updated 12-04-2011

Filesize 348 bytes | File Name BO - BNS - No Cooking.zip | # of Downloads 1,097  
Filesize 325 bytes | File Name BO - BNS - No Feeding.zip | # of Downloads 996  
Comments
#17 09-03-2019
I am sorry, I first tested with out any global mods except for Do Not Remove Mods and Object mods however I go the same error from what I could tell. Then I made a copy of my Sims 2 folder and tested on the copy with out any mods. Still had the same error. Then took out more stuff, still had the error. Finally took out all custom content in my Downloads folder except for the mod I am testing, got the error. Then I went oh I forgot to delete cache files, tested again without any cache files...all of these deleted {Accessory.cache, cigen.package, ContentRegistry, Groups.cache}, mostly because I wanted to be really sure and not be stupid. Got the same error.

I used the same family with a servo that I had just activated in all of the testing. BO - BNS - No Cooking works fine as far as I can tell since it does not generate an error. However BO - BNS - No Feeding generates an error every time even with no other custom content in my Downloads folder.

I even tested without Saved Sims and Collections Folders and deleted the cache files again that time as well, got the same error.

Nothing that I can do on this end that I know of.

#18 10-03-2019
@lordtyger9

I'm stumped! So far, this mod has been downloaded 616 times, and nobody has ever reported this problem. There *is* a possibility that none of them have ever bothered with Servos, though. I know *I* don't.

I may see if there's a way to exclude servos from the mod. If that doesn't fix your issue, then perhaps this mod just isn't compatible with the use of mechanical sims.

#19 10-03-2019
Ahh well the only reason I wanted to use it was for the Servo function. I love Servos myself, I don't have a tremendous number, but I do have several something like 5-7 not sure of the number. What I find particularly odd is that BO - BNS - No Feeding throws an error, but BO - BNS - No Cooking does not. I would have thought that the code for the Servos would be very similar. Maybe there is something there?

#20 10-03-2019
@lordtyger9 Yeah, that difference -- one does make trouble, while the other does not -- is utterly confusing *me* as well.
But I understand that if you purely wanted this mod to stop Servos from feeding the kids, then it doesn't help you much if I exclude Servos from this treatment. Message received.

But I now notice something else here. I'm using BO - Feed Baby with the Smart NPCs plug-in. So babies are essentially only fed by the mother. The trick here is, any household member (including the Servo) will not even consider feeding the baby.
And if you add one of the Nursemaid plugins, only household members who have a bottle in inventory, will be able to feed the baby. So NOT giving the Servo one would fix that!

And if you have any Bottomless Bottle lying around in the house, toddlers will help themselves. Meaning that if the BNS do not cook, they can -- by default -- not feed anyone. That is a way to get the BNS - No Feeding effect without using the mod.

Which is to say: that's one of the reasons why I don't use the No Feeding mod myself!

If you're not playing that way, and don't intend to go there, then the last remaining thing I can suggest is: try re-downloading the No Feeding mod; your original might have become corrupted somehow. Unless you already tried that, in which case I'm really at a loss.

Sorry, that is a members only option