sims2 #1
I've always believed the AL Butler was a pedophile: constantly after your babies, toddlers and children... No more of that!

BO - ButlerIsNoNanny - stops the AL butler from meddling with your babies, toddlers and children. He will simply not report as a nanny, when entering the lot. If there is a butler currently on some of your lots while installing this mod, a lot reset will occur and the butler will start behaving oddly. If you send him home, he will act normal once he returns the next day. Requires AL, of course.

Update, April 12, 2011: After 16 months, I've finally updated the ButlerIsNoNanny mod! Installing this new version should NOT cause already existing Butlers to behave oddly anymore, UNLESS it is to replace the old version. If you don't have AL, this mod does nothing, of course, but it shouldn't break anything either! If you're happy using the old version, re-download is NOT required.

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Feeding, which stops Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously feeding babies and toddlers. Should work in all games. (Warning: ONE user ever reported this mod as causing a "too many iterations" error with active Servos. Please check!)

Extra: There's now also BO - BNS - No Cooking, which prevents Butlers, Nannies and Servos from autonomously cooking any meals! Should also work for all games.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - ButlerIsNoNanny Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 282 bytes | File Name BO - Butler Is No Nanny v2.zip | # of Downloads 3,285
File Updated 12-04-2011

Filesize 348 bytes | File Name BO - BNS - No Cooking.zip | # of Downloads 1,097  
Filesize 325 bytes | File Name BO - BNS - No Feeding.zip | # of Downloads 996  
Comments
#21 11-03-2019
Ahh I did not consider that I have the Bottomless Bottle, so I don't need to have the No Feeding Mod. I will just check to make sure that the the No Cooking Mod works without throwing an error, I don't think it does, but I do want to be sure.

If you don't get another post on this subject then everything is fine.

I do want to use the No Cooking Mod, I get so tired of the Servos cooking when no one is hungry and then leftovers have to be put away over and over.

#22 11-03-2019
@lordtyger9 Ah, so just like me, obviously you *do* have the Feed Baby + BNS - No Cooking + Bottomless Bottle combo. Yeah, that's the good stuff; you can totally do without the No Feeding mod.

But indeed, you DO need the No Cooking mod. I have that in as well. In my case, it's to prevent Butlers from wasting lots of food points on meals that my already well-fed sims aren't going to eat anyway. And with Butler-is-no-Nanny, I make sure that those old pervs stay away from the little ones.

Maybe I should consider doing something like that for Servos as well...

#23 11-03-2019
OK I am pleased to tell you that the No Cooking Mod works fine, I played a large household for a while and just checked on the Servo periodically and I noticed several times that the Servo was doing chores. I like the chores, so that is good. I had the testing cheats on the entire time I was playing and no errors were generated by any of your mods, so good on the errors issue.

Others Mods that I have to do with Babies and Toddlers:

Twojeffs:
Toddler Play with Toilets Fix.package
Toddler Potty Fixes.package
Toddler Toy Death Fix.package

Inge Jones:
ijCribGetOutAll.package
NoEmptyPot.package

These are the mods that I have by you that do something with Babies and toddlers:
BO - BNS - No Cooking.package
BO - BottomlessBottle.package
BO - Curb All Auto Read-To.package
BO - Feed Baby - Main - special.package
BO - Feed Baby - Nursemaids H&F.package
BO - Kids & Pets Unattended.package
BO - Less Feed Baby.package
BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package
BO - No Lecture Baby.package
BO - NoAuto Toddler Bathing (pre-AL).package

So with these mods I really don't have a problem with the Servos swarming them or paying them more attention than I think is appropriate. So for me I am good with how the Servos are with kids when I am using this set of mods and I don't have a want for a mod Like Butler Is No Nanny for Servos. For the Servos are fine as long as I have the mods that I have installed.

You might make a change to your information on the Downloads page and have it not say that No Feeding works with Servos or just note that you someone report problems with the mod using Servos.

No Cooking is good though, having the Servos Cook when food is not needed is annoying even if I do have mods to keep the food from spoiling quickly and mods to get the leftovers put away.

Thanks for your Mods and the time that you take with them and for your attention.

#24 12-03-2019
@lordtyger9

Well, the No Feeding thingy *should* work with Servos, just like the No Cooking mod. The BNS literally stands for Butlers, Nannies and Servos, because I *designed* the mod to affect all these. So, if you weren't the ONLY person to have ever mentioned this, I would have already added the warning that it might not work, or even left the S out of the mod's name. But thank you for questioning my sanity Smile (jk)

I see you do have your fair share of rugrat-related mods in... You're almost as paranoid about them as I am! And I'm honored that many of those are of my hand. I *do* miss the "Pick another toy" and "pick another potty" set, though. But maybe you just never have multiple diaper-fillers in the same household...

Finally, the Servo is no Nanny thing would NOT have been for you, specifically. Even if it weren't a joke, it would have been more for myself, actually. In the sense that it would complete the theme. There is one for Butlers, so maybe there should be one for Servos, too... Smile
And of course, I never even mentioned "Nanny is no Nanny", because THAT would be stupid. So it's simply never going to happen, cap'n. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option