Is there a way to get the sims 2 to run smoothly on Radeon R3 graphics?
#1 15-03-2020 
  • Registered
My game is kind of laggy and dose not run smoothly even when i turn reflections and shadows off
Ive tried using graphics rules maker and searching for solutions online but couldn't find any

My Computer Specs

Processor: AMD A4-9125 RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G 2.30GHz
RAM: 4GB (Windows 10 64Bit)

Graphics Rules -
.zip  Graphics Rules.zip (Size: 7.25 KB / Downloads: 279)
DxDiag -
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 74 KB / Downloads: 361)

Any help would be appreciatedSmile

#2 15-03-2020 
Hi @winter_snow, instead of your graphics rules file, would you please attach the config-log.txt?

#3 22-03-2020 
  • Registered
Here it is @BoilingOil
.txt  LAPTOP-VRVII33Q-config-log.txt (Size: 10.19 KB / Downloads: 260) sorry i took so long to answer back

#4 22-03-2020 
Don't worry about the time it took. It doesn't matter.

I think I see your problem now. According to your config-log.txt, there is no 4GB-patch. But I don't think that installing that patch would help you anyway, because the dxdiag.txt confirms that your system has only 4 GB RAM in total. With so little memory, which must be shared between:
  • Win 10
  • The Video Card
  • The Sims 2 Apartment Life
your system has not enough resources left to run the game smoothly and lag-free in fullscreen mode.

Here are a few ideas to get the game running better:
  • Check out @Kunder's recommendations for a better computer to run the game.
  • If you cannot afford to buy a better computer, then have your local Computer expert upgrade your system with 4GB extra RAM.
  • If you cannot afford a memory upgrade either, then maybe you should get rid of Win10, and install Win7 instead.
  • If you have no Win7 install disk, and cannot borrow one either, then there is only one thing left to try: run the game in Windowed mode at 800x600 resolution.

Alas, there is nothing else that I can think of. I hope that someone else has a better idea for you. But if I were you, I would not count on that too much.
I am very sorry, but there is too little power in that computer of yours.

#5 22-03-2020 
  • Registered
Ok thanks

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option