Video card <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> SIMS 2 config folder?
#1 31-03-2020 
  • Registered
Hi.
So I will try to make it as simple as I can so it doesnt sound so confusing. I used to play The sims 2 four years back with ALL EPs installed and IKEA Home stuff, Mansion&Garden, Kitchen and bath Interior Design and H&M stuff packs installed as well. I had LOTS of CC- and I never encountered any sort of lagg, game crash or anything. Everything worked great.

This year I re-installed The sims 2 with the same EPs and SPs that i had installed previously and also i added the SAME CC folder to my DOWNLOADS- (i added nothing new)

But this time I am having this issue, whenever i am buying clothes for my sims, just 3 mins into browsing the clothes, my game says "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate"

I also scanned my Downloads using Delphy Organiser program. I deleted all broken files, orphans and duplicates. But still the game crashes
I also tried the "4gb patch" method - but still no luck or maybe I am just doing it wrong??? because its soooo confusing
Anyway, back to the point now. I just noticed that my config folder says that my video card is not found on database.
Here is the message:
Log generated on 3/30/2020, 17:25

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 5034.399902Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4052MB
Free memory: 1396MB
User: user
Computer: DESKTOP-JJRIV82
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 104a, Board: 104a10de, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumd.dll, Version: 23.21.13.8813, GUID: D7B71E3E-530A-11CF-0351-47301BC2DA35
Driver version: 8813
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.782608, 16:9
Screen mode: 1366x768x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 4024MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See? it says NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>. Is that supposed to be like that or no. Could this be causing my game to crash???
GUYS please help me out of this

here are my computer specs in case you guys wanna know
Processor:Intel®Core™i3-4160 CPU@3.60 GHz
RAM:4.00GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Approx. Total memory: 4026 MB
Display Memory (VRAM) 2000MB
Shared memory: 2025MB
DirectX version: DirectX 12

#2 31-03-2020 
Pasting the config-log isn't good enough. Youshould ATTACH it. Please reread the section at the bottom of this page for information on how to do that!
Please, for completeness, also include a dxdiag.txt as attachment.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option