Direct 9.0x Error/Tried Everything on Thread-HELP
#11 28-11-2020 
OK, I am so sorry for all this info. I realized I had downloaded that DV9X workaround or whatever and I removed it. This is the newly updated log after removing it.

It's now reading the card and memory correctly, but I am still getting the directx error. Good lord, what is it going to take? Again, super appreciative of your help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-32M8O66-config-log.txt (Size: 9.48 KB / Downloads: 246)

#12 28-11-2020 
OK. The thing about the DV9X workaround is that it changes the program. So I'm not sure that you can just remove it without needing to uninstall/reinstall the programs. Its one of the reasons why I am wary of using it.

But if we pretend that we can, then the other things to check is that you are running the program as admin, and set compatibility.

I didn't ask before - but are you attempting to run it without any CC or mods? It's unlikely to be CC or mods problem, but removing them removes one layer of complexity from the problem. (How to do that - Rename your "The Sims 2" folder in your documents folder, and let it generate a new one.)

If it doesn't load with nothing in it, and the new cards, and the program run as admin and compatibility set, then I'm thinking you probably need to uninstall/reinstall the game.

Then before you add/change anything, attempt to load it. If it loads - yay! We can add the graphic rules and video cards rules in, and then test again.

#13 29-11-2020 
First, I tried running as admin and different compatibility settings. Tried them all with no luck.

Second, I uninstalled the game entirely and replaced the video and graphics with the file you gave me with the current CC custom I have and got the direct x error. Also tried running as admin and different compatibility, it did not give the error unless I chose Windows Vista Service Pack 2, otherwise all other compatibility settings didn't launch anything at all.

Third, I re-named the Sims 2 Ultimate file in my documents to "Sims 2" and ran the game again and still got the directx error. It did create a new Sims 2 Ultimate folder, but only created the log file and the teleport file. I included the config log after the attempt the second time.

This is making my brain hurt! Ha. I can't think of anything else it could be, other than trying to add other video cards. How do you feel about me sending you a zoom link to look at this live? Granted we can find a time with our time zones (I am US Central). I'm cool to continue to troubleshoot via message boards too. Again, I know I've said it alot, but thank you so much for your time @celebkiriedhel

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-32M8O66-config-log.txt (Size: 8.64 KB / Downloads: 213)

#14 29-11-2020 
(28-11-2020 05:14 AM)metastargate Wrote:  OK, so I typed in this path: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore" in windows explorer and it says "this folder is empty" - there are no files in there.
From what I've seen, this is specific to W7 and not W10, which is why it is empty.

Are you starting your game in windowed mode? Full screen seems to cause this issue with newer gpu's. You could also try installing legacy directx libraries

A guide to installing TS2 on current machines.

#15 01-12-2020 
@metastargate

I hope you've seen what Huge Lunatic has posted above? Let me know how you go.

#16 03-12-2020 
(01-12-2020 05:40 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @metastargate

I hope you've seen what Huge Lunatic has posted above? Let me know how you go.

@celebkiriedhel TI'm back! Ha, took a mental break from troubleshooting Sims 2. I work in IT too so sometimes it feels like works bleeding into my freetime Big Grin

Thank you, I did see huge lunatic's post (lol that sounds funny) and I have tried windowed mode and it did in fact boot up, but it constantly crashed. I was almost there! I did install the directx legacies awhile back, but I re-installed again, because why not? No luck on either front. It's frustrating that my gaming PC I built runs the sims 2 game and I wish I could remember what I did (if anything) to get sims 2 to work on it. I did try and copy all the files from there to my laptop, with no luck.

#17 22-01-2021 
SOLVED.

What I did to play the Sims 2 on my integrated graphics card (AMD Integrated and Radeon RX 5600M) on my laptop without crashing and with 1920x1080 resolution:

-Got graphics and video card file updated from the lovely @celebkiriedhel that helps with texture/memory and adding your graphics card

-Downloaded the 4GB patch, Adding the memory task 'EmptyStandbyList' (windows bug fix), can follow how to do this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0iwuLZyjMg

-Unfortunately no way around this, had to play Sims 2 in 'windowed version' but was able to maximize the screen by adding this at the end of target path: -w -r1920x1080
You can adjust this to whatever your resolution is, or if you'd like full screen, you can type in -f
Full directions on how to find the target path to play in windowed mode - https://dreadpirate.tumblr.com/post/1741...creen-mode

VOILA. Hope this helps those that got as stuck as me. It felt like there were a million solutions, just none for my latest graphic card/integrated graphics solution.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option