Laptop run sims 2 UC
#11 12-06-2021 
Hi @Chelsxwatson, congratz on the new laptop. I see you got the 4GB patch working. Very good. But what I think you still need to do, is get and run the latest Graphics Rules Maker. Because that will include the graphics card into the Database, and fix the texture memory. After that, it might all go a lot better.

#12 12-06-2021 
I tried that but it started crashing as soon as I went it to play mode then.. it only seems to crash straight away when I go on to the household I have made ??
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021 09:16 AM by Chelsxwatson.)

#13 12-06-2021 
Well, according to the latest config.log you attached, your graphics card isn't found in the database, and the texture memory is set to the highly inadequate 32MB. Both of these are indications that either GRM has not done its job properly, or you didn't let it.

Once these problems are fixed, if the game still crashes, we can try to find out what else is wrong. Retry running the GRM and letting it do its work, follow its recommendations, and then attach a NEW version of the config-log, so we can see what's happening. Okay?

#14 12-06-2021 

.txt  DESKTOP-3P28PPA-config-log.txt (Size: 10.57 KB / Downloads: 230)
i have been playing it today with the household already on the game but for some reason crashes when I go on a household i have made.

#15 12-06-2021 
Ah, this config-log looks better. It's still a bit low on texture memory, but as long as its good enough for you...

The fact that you CAN play a premade family/household, but not the one that you made yourself, leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the family or the house you made. Have you tried loading your self-made household without any mods or CC in the game? Because if you have, for example, downloaded an outfit, or a hair, that is too complex, or is based on a mesh that you don't have, ANYTHING could happen, including crashes. The same may go for some types of furniture, but I'm not sure about that.
There is also the possibility that the file for that household was not properly saved, and can therefor no longer be loaded/opened.

#16 12-06-2021 
Got rid off all my cc n it still crashes on just my household

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option