Sims 2 Anti-Aliasing not on
#1 15-05-2022 
  • Registered
hello ^^
I have the Sims 2 ultimate collection. It works ok apart from screen flickering and a small screen size. the smooth edges option is greyed out and I can't seem to change the screen size to anything other than 800x600. I've followed a few threads with no luck.
I downloaded the specific graphics rules for my intel graphics card here. following that thread I'm also aware of the texture memory problem I think I have as well. But downloading this didn't seem to fix it.
I checked my config log after opening and closing sims 2 and I'm pretty sure anti aliasing is not on, because boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels is false. I also tried to change the graphics rules by manually changing it to true in the graphics rules sgr, and changing the screen size (mine is 1920x1080) but nothing seems to be working.
On another thread there was a suggestion to edit the video capture ini file (which for me was in TSdata > res > UserData > Config) but that didn't work either.
I'm not sure if it is relevant but I don't use graphics rules maker.
Any help is appreciated thank you.

--- my specifications ---
operating system: windows 10
graphics card: Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Attached File(s)
.txt  R2D2-config-log.txt (Size: 10.4 KB / Downloads: 130)

#2 16-05-2022 
Try applying the 4gb patch. I'd suggest downloading and using Graphics Rule Maker to edit the graphicsRules.sgr.

#3 17-05-2022 
  • Registered
(16-05-2022 09:47 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  Try applying the 4gb patch. I'd suggest downloading and using Graphics Rule Maker to edit the graphicsRules.sgr.

Hi thank you for your reply.
So I downloaded the 4gb patch which I thought I did before but apparently not so thank you.
I installed graphics rules maker but it doesn't seem to fix the smooth edges or screen size problem. Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I edit the graphicRules.sgr using graphics rules maker? I can manually edit the sgr but I'm not sure if it's doing it using GRM. It doesn't seem to be doing anything.

thank you for the help

#4 19-05-2022 
The program just opens the right files based on which game you choose. If you are not running as admin it might not actually be making changes, so try that (right click/run as admin).

#5 23-05-2022 
  • Registered
(19-05-2022 10:11 PM)HugeLunatic Wrote:  The program just opens the right files based on which game you choose. If you are not running as admin it might not actually be making changes, so try that (right click/run as admin).

Ok I'll give that a try, thank you.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option