4bg isn't working for me
#1 23-08-2022 
  • Registered
hello all,
hopefully I'm putting this post in the correct topic. i recently acquired the sims 2 ultimate edition and I've been enjoying it up until i decided to have my sims travel to another lot and the game crashing. after that, the game would crash randomly while switching neighborhoods, etc. i tried using the 4gb patch after hearing it helps with the crashing. after installing 4gb and loading into a game, my sims would be randomly spinning in circles (no mods were added at this time). i'm becoming more and more hopeless about what to do seeing that none of the options given are working. I also attached my dxdiag.

edit- i also tried using george and it doesn't seem like its been working either

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 97.55 KB / Downloads: 146)
.txt  DESKTOP-V6LAC97-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 115)

#2 24-08-2022 
Your video card is not being recognized by the game. You need to download, and run as admin, Graphics Rule Maker. Tick only the first two boxes, do not force more than 8Gb of memory as that is all your card has. To enable the 4Gb patch, you must move the exe to a non OS protected space, ie: desktop, then move it back. Not copy/paste as windows doesn't properly handle the copy/paste for this.

#3 25-08-2022 
  • Registered
i did what you said using graphics rule maker and it worked but after enabling the 4gb, my sims are continuing to do circles

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option