Pool reflections causing massive stutter
#1 Today 
  • Registered
Hello there!

I've been directed to your page from one of the TS2 groups on Fb. I have a technical issue I don't know how to tackle. I have applied Graphic Rules, 4GB patch, RPC, etc. to my game, and overall it works fine, except for the fact that the swimming pool reflections cause massive stutter. It's only the pools, not the mirrors, nor anything else.
EDIT: Did more experiments, and the "fog" or steam that comes of Sims when they take showers also causes stuttering.
What I also noticed why checking if game sees 4GB of memory in the log is that even though Graphic Rules recognized the card, I see this (proper card should be 3080 RTX):
Quote:=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): GeForce 7800 GTX
Name (database): GeForce 7800 GTX
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0091, Board: 00000000, Chipset: 0000
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 32767.65535.65535.65535, GUID: EF9D1135-3071-C14F-A5EE-C56A0F8DC1B7

Could this be the reason for the pool reflections causing stutter?
I play on Windows 10.
(This post was last modified: Today 12:14 PM by VeBeeTorn.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option