Purchased a Gaming Laptop - Pink Flashing Help
#1 11-07-2024 
  • Registered
I posted on here around January, stating I had issues with pink flashing. Simply put I understood my issue was too much CC not enough RAM. Well, now I have a laptop that feels like a space station in comparison. Somehow, I am getting worse results with this.

CPU: Intel CORE i7 13th gen
GPU: Intel UHD & Nvidia GeForce RTX 4050 (Laptop ver.)
RAM: 16gb

At least with my old laptop, on a lucky day it would run smoothly with 0 errors. Currently every startup has pink flashing. I did bring over my 12gb of CC, because I have a 2 year old world that depends on it. I would prefer to keep all my CC and my old laptop could sometimes function, So I feel like this one should be able too aswell.

I am using sims2 RPC so I know that the 4gb patch is functioning, and I have used graphics rules maker. I also used the dxvk fix I found online, I dont know if it's actually good though.

Pretty much like last time coming here to see what the smart people think. Because now I KNOW FOR A FACT that technical limitations are not the problem.

My Graphics Rules settings are simply what the program recommended for my system, if the numbers should be higher please let me know.

My DxDiag and Config log are attached, thank you for all your help Smile.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 151 KB / Downloads: 37)
.txt  LAPTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.68 KB / Downloads: 32)

#2 14-07-2024 
I don't think you're supposed to use DXVK with an NVIDIA card?

And, I would suggest getting a CC-Free/Vanilla version of the game working properly before you add all your mods/cc.
You can just rename your Documents/EA Games folder to something like: EA Games - withCC
Then hit the start button, and your computer will generate a new, completely vanilla EA Games folder. Use THIS folder to get your game working stably.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option