Changing the quality of extracted fruit
#21 30-04-2014 
@joandsarah, yes, it is the boxes to the right that you should change (operands, they are called). When you change them, so will the text. I can't tell you offhand which one of them it is you'll need to change, though, I'd need to tinker with the actual BHAV for that. But try with the ones in the beginning.

Edit: I've checked the object now, and it's the third box you need to change, from "00" to "03". Haven't looked in game to see what happens to he apple when you do, though.
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2014 07:55 AM by NixNivis.)

#22 30-04-2014 
Thanks Nix. I did that but it still looks bland in game. I am on a building lot though, so I will place it on a live lot and have a sim check it out. Could be I need to do what Michelle suggested to the TXTR's as well.

When you say third box, is that just the box on the top row or the third boxes on both rows? I just did the top box as that changed the Param to 0x0003

Edit: I tried it at a sims house as normally I think it says in the sims inventory what the quality is, this just said 'apple'. The sim was able to juice it, but since apple juice only helps homework and he was an adult sim I don't know if the benefit was there.
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2014 09:17 AM by joandsarah.)

#23 30-04-2014 
Just the top row, so you did it right. Smile

If you want to, there's a line in the "set quality" BHAV you can change so that it always uses the "good" texture no matter the quality, but it takes a little bit of tinkering (that I'd be happy to walk you through). It is easier just to replace the TXTRs.

#24 30-04-2014 
Smile I'll test it out by doing the same quality change to the orange and lemon and make Orangeade. That should give the testing sim a random badge if the fruit has taken on the mouthwatering quality. Then if that works I'll do the TXTR's. Although I'll probably need to pick someone's brain for that as well. I'm guessing that is the texture file?

#25 30-04-2014 
Sounds like a plan. Smile Good luck! And yes, the TXTR is the same as the texture image, at the bottom of the Resource Tree. Michelle is a great one to brain-pick for that (and she isn't in a time zone far far away from you like me, either - it isn't even noon where I am). Smile

#26 30-04-2014 
(30-04-2014 04:50 AM)joandsarah Wrote:  @BoilingOil: I checked out your mod and the files only say sell price and yield, so it looks like you didn't touch the quality.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. It was to be expected that I had touched only those, but I had hopen that the quality was one of the settings in the same BCON and could simply be edited. Then you would have known where to look in your own files... Anyway, sorry that I can't be more helpful right now. :-(

#27 30-04-2014 
Jo, this might help, hope it's easy to understand, if you have any problems I'll be back online tomorrow...Aussie time.

Open the package in SimPE.
Click on the "Texture Image (TXTR) (4)" in the Resource Tree. (pic1)
Click on the last file "accessoryapple-[351ddb1f-a40b-4745-8a28-f2b70784c143]-apple_txtr" in the Resource List.
Export the Texture Image (TXTR) to an easy to locate place. (pic2)
Click on the first file "accessoryapple-[351ddb1f-a40b-4745-8a28-f2b70784c143]-applebad_txtr" in the Resource List.
Right Click on the image and Click on "Build DXT". (pic3)
When the DDS Builder pops up click on "OPEN Image", find the exported Texture Image (TXTR), click on "Open". (pic4)
Then in the Drop down box on the DDS Builder click on "None" then "Build". (pic5)
Commit > OK > File > Save. (pic6)

It's done the red apple will now show up in your game instead of the yellow apple.

Repeat for the Lemon and Orange

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#28 30-04-2014 
That looks a lot like it's only a cosmetic fix, @Michelle. The fruit would still be bad quality. It would merely LOOK as if it was delicious. I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about this. But then, what do I know? I wasn't able to fix anything either...

#29 30-04-2014 
BO, I think Lunie and Nix have the actual fruit quality bit covered; Shell's post is related to making the fruit use the "correct" texture as it has been changed to high quality via the fix by Lunie and Nix but is still looking low quality.

#30 30-04-2014 
@leefish, thanks, but you're really giving me undue credit; the fix is all Lunie's, all I did was to tell Jo which operand to change. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option