Sims2 Ultimate Collection
#31 17-07-2014 
I haven't checked cause Origin is taking it's time updating it. I think the extras are there. I also want to test out if it's actually updated (meaning pass a hood to someone with M&G and Store edition an dsee if they can open without crashy crashy)

EDIT: I see no Store content but I see the happy holidays stuff
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2014 08:36 AM by levini.)

#32 17-07-2014 
(17-07-2014 08:12 AM)levini Wrote:  I think the extras are there.

Sorry, for spamming with a repeat question, but other simmers keep mentioning this and I'm trying to figure out what the 'extras' are. Leefish says there isn't any extra content. What extras did you get?

#33 17-07-2014 
Is that email if you installed ts2 on origin? If yes, I never knew you could do that

#34 17-07-2014 
Waiting for an "EA agent" at the moment to get my games (physical copies/on disk) registered to origin.

#35 17-07-2014 
(17-07-2014 07:43 AM)nanashi Wrote:  Can you get this if you register your physical copies?

Yes, i just did that, i didn't have origin installed for years and i never had an account before.

I had to wait for an hour, after that the support guy asked for my email address (the one i used to register into origin) and the serial code of my base game + some security details to confirm it was my account.

#36 18-07-2014 
Awesome I'm registering then ^_^

#37 18-07-2014 
There is something called Sims 2 Store edition in My Games - is that the Sims 2 store stuff? And there's a Holidays pack, too. Ginnie

#38 18-07-2014 
I just recieved word that if you recieve and download the new collection, you will be required to uninstall the old game!

And who guarantees that your old games can be put back after installing the Ultimate collection? Sorry folks, but I must warn again: this sounds utterly fishy, and I don't wanna be the guy that - in a few months - has to scream at the top of my lungs "See? Told you so!"

#39 18-07-2014 
BO - The way I see it is that this UC is a handy backup in case of total loss of my game. As I have all the EPs/SPs then I have no need to dl it.

The old hoods can go back in after uninstall if you follow the directions EA provides on their help pages.

#40 18-07-2014 
But will all mods still work? And all custom objects? I keep wondering about these things. I just can't help but feel that EA is pulling one over on all the peeps who buy into this jig. They gave up on TS2 so short after TS3 came out, and pulled down their official TS2 site as well. Why on earth do they now care about us, all of a sudden? I'm certain it's not generocity that drives them.

But at any rate, I'm glad to see that at least you see it mainly as a backup for when all else fails.

Sorry, that is a members only option