Sims2 Ultimate Collection
#71 21-07-2014 
Uni and Pets aren't installed on my computer - they're just sitting on the shelf gathering dust. Why aren't they installed? Because I don't really want them installed. I had Pets installed at one time and it annoyed me. Uni is a bit tempting (and I feel bad because it was given to me) but I haven't managed to talk myself into really wanting it installed yet. I'm rather happy with the way I have my game set up. So the UC will sit in my Origin, but at least I don't have to worry about dusting the case off, lol.

#72 21-07-2014 
@nanashi, what BO said. Me, even though I want to play with all my EPs and SPs installed, I don't want to test my objects that way, because I want to make sure what I make really is basegame compatible/only requires [specific EP]. (It bugs my socks of when someone says "oh, this thing should be basegame compatible" - and then it turns out the creator was just guessing, they didn't actually check, and the object requires all EPs because they also didn't clone it properly. Dodgy) I don't particularly feel like uninstalling everything to do so, though - so I do my testing in a no-CC basegame/whichever EP only AGS environment. Smile

#73 23-07-2014 
From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account.
Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get...ollection/

Code valid til July 31st

#74 23-07-2014 
AWESOME. Thank you for that info Lee! I just used the code and it worked, totally hassle-free. Haven't downloaded the game since I have no need, but I'm happy to have it as a backup in case I ever need to reinstall.

#75 23-07-2014 
What Fansee said. Smile I won't download it, either*, but it's good to know I have the option.

*unless I decide I want it on my CD-drive-less Win 8 netbook, now that Kiri has shown us how to run it with Intel graphics... not sure if it has the oomph for it, though.

#76 23-07-2014 
So excited to have them all! Big Grin

#77 23-07-2014 
Now, now, calm down! We need you to get busy making new stuff for us! Ginnie

#78 23-07-2014 
Well I got tired of waiting, used the new free code and bingo it appeared seconds later. I plan to leave it right there not downloaded on my dash, just in case.

#79 24-07-2014 
I'm beginning to think this is a marketing/polling scheme here rather than an "update the to the latest game" This might affect how they treat TS4 in the future. What I mean is they are trying to gauge their audience and perhaps if there is little reaction to TS2 then they might assume that TS2 fans are not prevalent and that the migration to TS4 will be predominantly done by TS3 fans. Maybe they will in that case make TS4 more like TS3. Just a theory here.

#80 24-07-2014 
I understand where you are coming from Nanashi, but while they might be doing that as one of the reasons, it's not going to be the only reason - and I think it's far more that they want to migrate everyone to the same configuration so that they don't have to keep all the other versions of the expansion packs and stuff packs in digital version which they would if we were left on the individual packs.

When Sims 1 finished, a few years after - the complete collection was sold exactly for that reason.

My guess is that they will do the same for Sims3 when the time comes as well.

Sorry, that is a members only option