4GB Patch not working
#1 26-09-2024 
Hello and thanks for your help in advance! Smile

I have been looking for how to fix this for a long time, I've checked every post I've found and I haven't found any fix. At least, I got rid of that SecuROM thing, which I guess is good for me, but it still didn't fix my problem. As many other posters out there, my problem is that my game is stuck at 1024MB and after using Graphic Rules Maker and the 4GB patch, it still doesn't change. I have tried to do it also outside of the game's folder and then put the .exe back, but nothing. What am I doing wrong? I have Windows 10 Home.

Thank you for your time Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  -config-log.txt (Size: 10.19 KB / Downloads: 19)

#2 26-09-2024 
Could you provide us with a recent DxDiag.txt, please? The above log tells us very little of what we need to know.

#3 26-09-2024 
Thank you very much for your reply! I will attach it now.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 98 KB / Downloads: 15)

#4 26-09-2024 
Don't you thank me just yet, because your problems have not been solved yet.

I checked your DxDiag, and you should not have any trouble using the 4GB patch.

I'm assuming for a moment that you found a link somewhere to the file nicknamed "George" -- Sims2EP94G.rar. If so, I hope you understand that you need to unpack this file, and then put the file Sims2EP9.exe that it contains, needs to be put in the folder where your original file with exactly the same name lives.

If that all is true, and it still doesn't work, I believe that every time you install the patch, Windows detects it, and puts back the original file.

I'm going to look into where the settings are to circumvent Windows' file protection system. I've permanently disabled it on my own system, but I don't remember how, because that was a while ago. I'll get back to you when I find it.
But maybe someone else knows how to fix it, and gets here first.

#5 26-09-2024 
Oh, sorry but still, I'm very grateful. Yes, I have found that and exchanged it for the one in TSBin. I will try again for now.
By Windows detecting it and putting it back, do you mean Windows Defender? I have been trying to deactivate it to try things, but I haven't been able. Thank you very much for looking into it. I will try one more time for now.

Edit: just tried again and it's not working.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2024 11:54 PM by Fukuro.)

#6 27-09-2024 
Yes, I mean Windows Defender. That thing is the most major pain in everyone's split behind. I managed to disable that thing, but that was about a year ago, and I haven't needed to touch it since, so my recollection of the procedure is nowhere. But I'm still looking...

#7 27-09-2024 
So... you are using a disk install?

If so - this is the best guide I know of to install and get the game running: https://shinki26.tumblr.com/post/7200142...-guide-for

If you've done all that, and still have problems - please ask again.
Good luck!

ALSO - if you don't want to use LD's RPC launcher (I don't!) Then here is my link to "George" which is already 4GB'd - but you have to have the complete game to use it: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/3950324/
You replace your C:\Program Files (x86)\...Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe with it

#8 27-09-2024 
Thank you very much, Boiling Oil. I am also still looking how to do it. I am going to try something now, I may update this later.

Hello, CatherineTCJD, and thank you very much. I don't. I used to, back home. The version I have now is the Ultimate Collection, but one that didn't include the IKEA expansion, so I did installed that one separately (I haven't had any problem about that, but now that I think about it I should ask if that's okay).
In my case, then, I shouldn't try what you are suggesting, right?

Thanks a lot again Smile
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2024 03:23 PM by Fukuro.)

#9 29-09-2024 
If you are not using the disks (which, I don't anymore either) - and if you can't get the UC from Origin (which I do...)
THEN I recommend using Osab's Starter Pack: https://ts2.crd.co/
It is updated to work with modern machines, and is fully supported through Osab's Discord channel (of which I am a part of) Big Grin

#10 29-09-2024 
(29-09-2024 12:56 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  If you are not using the disks (which, I don't anymore either) - and if you can't get the UC from Origin (which I do...)
THEN I recommend using Osab's Starter Pack: https://ts2.crd.co/
It is updated to work with modern machines, and is fully supported through Osab's Discord channel (of which I am a part of) Big Grin
Thank you much for your reply. So you're saying installing this version will solve the 4gb patch problem? Thanks again Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option