4GB Patch not working
#11 29-09-2024 
Yes - it comes with the patch pre-applied (it automagically uses LD's RPC.)
Follow the guide Osab supplies, and you should be good to go.

#12 29-09-2024 
(29-09-2024 05:48 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  Yes - it comes with the patch pre-applied (it automagically uses LD's RPC.)
Follow the guide Osab supplies, and you should be good to go.

Thanks a lot! But because it would be a new installation, I'd like to know if I would lose things as the genetic corrections I applied in SimPE to my characters. I don't know if this kind of information is saved in my saved games in Documents/EA Games or if they are where the game's installed. Could you please let me know about that?
Thanks again for your help.
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2024 07:59 PM by Fukuro.)

#13 30-09-2024 
Hi, Fukuro, may I please ask you to NOT put a space in my name again? I'm BoilingOil, NOT Boiling Oil. Thank you so much Smile

(29-09-2024 06:08 PM)Fukuro Wrote:  Thanks a lot! But because it would be a new installation, I'd like to know if I would lose things as the genetic corrections I applied in SimPE to my characters. I don't know if this kind of information is saved in my saved games in Documents/EA Games or if they are where the game's installed. Could you please let me know about that?
I would advise you to first backup the "The Sims 2" folder that is in your Documents.
Then uninstall the existing Sims 2 program.
Then install the new version of The Sims 2.
Then run the game once.
Then go back to the Documents folder, remove the contents of the new "The Sims 2" folder there, and put the backup back in there.

After that, when you restart the game, everything should be in perfect working order with all your mods, patches, CC and genetic corrections intact.

And if there is something I forgot, then I'm sure Cat will mention it.

#14 30-09-2024 
(30-09-2024 12:44 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Hi, Fukuro, may I please ask you to NOT put a space in my name again? I'm BoilingOil, NOT Boiling Oil. Thank you so much Smile

(29-09-2024 06:08 PM)Fukuro Wrote:  Thanks a lot! But because it would be a new installation, I'd like to know if I would lose things as the genetic corrections I applied in SimPE to my characters. I don't know if this kind of information is saved in my saved games in Documents/EA Games or if they are where the game's installed. Could you please let me know about that?
I would advise you to first backup the "The Sims 2" folder that is in your Documents.
Then uninstall the existing Sims 2 program.
Then install the new version of The Sims 2.
Then run the game once.
Then go back to the Documents folder, remove the contents of the new "The Sims 2" folder there, and put the backup back in there.

After that, when you restart the game, everything should be in perfect working order with all your mods, patches, CC and genetic corrections intact.

And if there is something I forgot, then I'm sure Cat will mention it.
Hello, sorry about your name. I sometimes write from my phone and it tends to autocorrect stuff and ends up like that. This happens a lot of times to me and my conversations are sometimes a bit funny because of it. Of course, it's also probable I did it myself without noticing, but I hope you know it wasn't on purpose.

Thank you for clarifying about losing any of that data. I have a new problem now (of course! Sad ) and it's that every time I try to uninstall the game I get a notification from Windows that says: this app has been blocked for your protection. I have tried eeeverything I've found online to fix this and nothing is working. It seems like some deity clearly doesn't want to let me play the game Sad

#15 01-10-2024 
Oh help.... How does Windows get it in its head to protect you by refusing to uninstall non-windows applications?
This should again be something that Windows Defender is responsible for. Sad

#16 01-10-2024 
Can you use something like Revo Uninstaller? ...if the game's Uninstaller doesn't work?
This sounds like a matter of "permissions" with Windoze... make sure you have Administrative control over the applications.

As for saving your data from your previous game: Yes, as BO said, make a back-up (copy) of your old Docu/EA Games folder - with all the information/genetics/CC/etc that you want to keep.
And including anything you may have put back in your ProgramFiles folders - like extra CEPs and lighting mods.

I would caution though too - Get your game working properly in a completely Vanilla/Out-of-the-Box environment first!
THEN add back in your 'stuff' and goodies. Wink

#17 01-10-2024 
(01-10-2024 01:49 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  Can you use something like Revo Uninstaller? ...if the game's Uninstaller doesn't work?
This sounds like a matter of "permissions" with Windoze... make sure you have Administrative control over the applications.

As for saving your data from your previous game: Yes, as BO said, make a back-up (copy) of your old Docu/EA Games folder - with all the information/genetics/CC/etc that you want to keep.
And including anything you may have put back in your ProgramFiles folders - like extra CEPs and lighting mods.

I would caution though too - Get your game working properly in a completely Vanilla/Out-of-the-Box environment first!
THEN add back in your 'stuff' and goodies. Wink
Thank you very much! I've just used it and it seems it has worked. However I still have a folder in program files and there's still another uninstall.exe there. Should I just remove all this stuff manually if Revo Uninstaller has already removed the program? Thanks a lot in advance Smile

Edit: I decided to remove them from program files and back them up somewhere else so as to start installing Osab's version. I have now reached the end of the installation, just right before RPC Settings were going to start. But instead of that, I got a message saying:
"You need a No-CD/Cracked Sims2EP9.exe for RPC to work. Please find one, replace your SIMS2EP9.exe with it and re-launch RPC!"

In that case, should I use the George or find a different one on the internet? I'm scared I'll mess something up if I choose the wrong option. Thank you very much again for your help.

Edit2: I solved that, as looking online I found someone with the same problem, and he/she solved it with the George. However, the problem I have now is that when I click on 'Save and Play' in SimsRPC, I get a message saying "Can't find Sims2RPC executable." I looked into the original folder for the shortcut in my desk, and it took me to Fun and Pets' folder, which does have this Sims2RPC exe. Why isn't it working? Sad

Edit3: I tried using the Sims2RPCSettings instead of Sims RPC to try to play, and it stopped saying it couldn't find the Sims2RPC.exe, and actually launched the game, but then I got a message saying that 'The application has crashed. The application will now terminate". This time I have no clue where to look into.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024 05:02 PM by Fukuro.)

#18 01-10-2024 
If you have George there, I believe it should be safe to use him. If not, you could always again uninstall, reinstall and try something else, now. Your old version of the game is gone already, so that can no longer get messed up, anyway.

#19 01-10-2024 
(01-10-2024 04:39 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  If you have George there, I believe it should be safe to use him. If not, you could always again uninstall, reinstall and try something else, now. Your old version of the game is gone already, so that can no longer get messed up, anyway.
Thank you. I did, but then I got another problem, which seems to be solved, but then again I finally got the "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate" message, and I'm just done. I think I've lost all hope by now.

#20 01-10-2024 
Don't give up yet. Just delete the caches and start the game again, see what happens.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option