4GB Patch not working
#21 02-10-2024 
(01-10-2024 11:40 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Don't give up yet. Just delete the caches and start the game again, see what happens.
Thank you very much for the cheers, but nothing generated in the EA GAMES folder yet, so I can't try that Sad

#22 02-10-2024 
Oh, sorry about that, Fukuro. I hope that Cat has more ideas soon, because I must admit that I have nothing further at this time.

#23 02-10-2024 
Osab's Starter Pack should've cautioned you (I think?) about OneDrive - your OneDrive is completely off, right? It will mess up the install file locations.

And - did you run the GRM? The install guide should've told you to run it immediately after installation.

The RPC (by LazyDuchess's) is a launcher - and it will launch from George. Read more about it here: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=648220

If OneDrive or the GRM are not the issue, then I suggest checking in with Osab on their Discord. The help forum is very active there. Wink
Here is a discord channel link: https://discord.gg/ts2community

#24 02-10-2024 
(02-10-2024 01:34 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  Osab's Starter Pack should've cautioned you (I think?) about OneDrive - your OneDrive is completely off, right? It will mess up the install file locations.

And - did you run the GRM? The install guide should've told you to run it immediately after installation.

The RPC (by LazyDuchess's) is a launcher - and it will launch from George. Read more about it here: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=648220

If OneDrive or the GRM are not the issue, then I suggest checking in with Osab on their Discord. The help forum is very active there. Wink
Here is a discord channel link: https://discord.gg/ts2community
Hello and thanks again for your help. I don't use OneDrive, but I just checked if it was in my PC. It shows up when I look for it, but when I click it, nothing happens. I've checked in apps and programs and it's not there. My guess is that it was at some point but I deleted it and for some reason it still shows up when you look for it, but it won't open because it's not actually installed. Am I right? I don't know. Should I maybe manually remove whatever is left from OneDrive in Program Files?

About GRM, it opened automatically after the installation, as Osab's guide said. If it hadn't, I would have probably looked for it manually, but no, it happened just as expected. I will now check the forum, thank you very much.

#25 02-10-2024 
Hi again. I've just installed it again and it seems to work, but not exactly how I was expecting. I let it load the Pleasantview neighbourhood and a family, and then exited the game to put my old EA GAMES folder to load my game. (I also combined the downloads folder that Osab's version had with mine.)
First problem I've found and most importantly is that the game is playing at 1024MB, so the 4GB patch seems to not be working. I am very, very confused.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2024 05:31 PM by Fukuro.)

#26 02-10-2024 
Okay, last update: it seems the log was not changing because the files in my EA GAMES folder were as 'read only'. I don't know why. I wasn't feeling any change in loading the game, neighbourhoods or families, so I was expecting that the patch was not working. Now it's showing this:
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 3516MB

Is that normal? And also, if the patch is applied and working, why isn't the game faster or smoother? Thanks a lot again for everything, guys.

#27 02-10-2024 
As per earlier today (which I think you may have fixed - but I just saw this, and thought I'd report back here anyway...)
From Osab:    

#28 02-10-2024 
Oh, thank you very much. I hadn't seen it. But I think I saw some message of his saying he's already fixed it, yes! Smile

#29 02-10-2024 
Make sure you iron out any kinks before adding back in your own stuff. I mean really play it for a bit - take a family downtown, or on vacation... Make sure everything works.

The CC in Osab's Downloads folder are fixes and the EA Store items. Don't overwrite them with your older versions. Use Osab's versions.

With the 4GB patch working correctly - it should say Memory: 4096MB. So I think that is correct.

Your folders should look like this:
(GRRRRR! It won't let me add an image! Ahhhhhhhhhh) Geez, that took forever! Sorry!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#30 02-10-2024 
Thank you! You didn't have to rush, it's okay! Smile
Yes, I noticed Osab's version had Downloads with fixes, so I put his Downloads inside mine. I didn't risk getting rid of his.
Thank you very, very much! Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option